I am a registered nutritionist and dietitian with advanced-level professional training, over 25 years of experience helping people get healthier, plus ongoing continuing education specially chosen to help you get where you want to go.
When I combine all of this with my personal experience with eating well and being physically fit, the following best describes my philosophy:
- Food matters! Food and eating are important parts of our lives and should be enjoyed. Your grocery store is full of healthy foods that can nourish and sustain your body.
- Let lifestyle be your medicine! A healthy diet, regular exercise, adequate sleep and other health behaviors should be the first line of defense for optimizing your health and preventing and/or managing disease.
- With the exception of allergies and food intolerance, it is unlikely that any one food will cure or harm you.
- Striving for health and a healthy lifestyle is much more sensible than focusing on reaching a certain weight or BMI.
- The weight that’s right for you is the one you settle into when you eat and exercise appropriately.
- People of all sizes can improve health by adopting healthy behaviors.
- Most people can learn to tune in to their bodies to figure out when, what, and how much to eat.
- DIET is a four letter word! Restrictive eating plans can actually cause weight gain in the long term!
- Gimmicks and quick fixes do not permanently solve problems.
- Progress is always the goal, not perfection.