Being mindful of the fish we purchase and consume helps preserve and maintain balance within vital ecologies. Farmed catfish is one of the best choices in regards to sustainability.
- 2 catfish fillets – about one pound (plan on 4oz per person)
- (or other fish such as tilapia or salmon)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne, less if you don’t like spicy food
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large clove of garlic, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Remove fish from fridge to “warm.”
- Combine spices to make rub.
- Using 1 teaspoon of the rub for each fillet, sprinkle and pat the rub on both sides of each fillet.
- Heat oil in a medium or large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for a few minutes- don’t let the garlic brown. Remove garlic from pan and set aside to use as garnish later.
- Place fish in pan. Cook fish for 6 minutes. Turn the fish over and cook for another 6 minutes. Thinner fish like tilapia will take less time.
- Place fish on plates and garnish with sautéed garlic.