Fish (or Shrimp) Creole
Fish or Shrimp Creole
Delicious, quick and easy way to prepare fish! No fishy odors in your kitchen!
- 1 pound fish fillets or shelled shrimp, thawed Fish can be cod, haddock, tilapia, salmon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped Extra parsley can be frozen in a plastic bag for future use
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8-1/4 tsp ground red pepper or red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
Warm oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic- cook until tender. Stir in undrained tomatoes, parsley, salt, paprika, red pepper, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Nestle fish into sauce, covering with some of the sauce and cook for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. If using shrimp, cook for 2-3 minutes or until pink.
Serve with brown rice and a vegetable.