Insurance Coverage and Health Plans
Nutrition Works! LLC offers a variety of insurance coverage and is a participating provider with the following health plans:
- Anthem/Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Tufts Health Plan
- Maine Community Health Options
- Medicare- only covers nutrition counseling if you have diabetes or kidney disease. Some Medigap/supplemental insurance plans cover nutrition counseling for other conditions.
- United Healthcare
New Hampshire Medicaid does not cover nutrition counseling for any diagnosis- I do occasionally see people who are covered by Medicaid on a sliding scale.
A PCP referral may be required. I suggest getting answers to these questions from your insurance company:
- Does my plan cover nutrition counseling?
- Is Nutrition Works/ Hilary Warner a covered provider under my plan?
- Do I need a PCP referral?
- Will I need to pay a co-payment or co-insurance?
- Do I need to meet a deductible before my insurance will pay?