We’ve compiled a list of New Hampshire-area resources to help you reach your health, nutrition, and lifestyle goals.
Nutrition and Healthy Living Resources Near Concord, NH
Fun Ways to Move More
- Concord Trails: Concord and the surrounding towns offer a growing list of recreational trails that are open to the public for walking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and more.
- S&W Sports: A great resource for bicycles, skis, and other outdoor equipment for the whole family.
- Granite State Wheelmen: Offers group recreational rides for cyclists of all abilities.
- Contoocook River Canoe: Offers kayak and canoe rentals, instruction in kayaking and stand up paddleboarding, as well as guided trips to the Contoocook River, Merrimack River, and Lake Umbagog National Wildlife Refuge.
- Hopkinton Conservation and Hopkinton Recreation Guide
- Bow Trails
The facilities listed below are safe, inclusive spaces for all bodies:
If you’re unhappy with your appearance, it’s a lot easier and much faster (not to mention probably more effective) to boost your confidence and self-esteem by choosing flattering clothes and colors along with a hairstyle, jewelry, and glasses that complement your face than it is to wait until you’ve reached your “ideal” weight to start looking great. A professional image consultant is trained to help you look your best in the body you have today. We recommend:
- Be Image Consulting: Susan Osborne in Manchester
- Image Enhancement Studio: Janice Severance in Concord
Help Resolving Eating Problems
- The Conscious Cafe: Alice Rosen is a psychotherapist and educator specializing in eating and body image issues. Her private practice is located in Concord, MA. She offers intensive weekend retreats and individual counseling using a non-diet approach for those seeking freedom from food, weight, and eating issues.
- Gürze Books: Is a publishing company specializing in resources, especially books, for eating disorders recovery.
- F.E.A.S.T.: Families Empowered and Supporting Treatment of Eating Disorders
- Maudsley Parents: A website for parents of eating disordered children. It is a volunteer organization of parents who have used the Maudsley approach, or Family Based Treatment, to help their children recover from anorexia or bulimia.