and Health Plans
Nutrition Works NH! LLC offers a variety of insurance coverage and is a participating provider with many popular health plans.
Insurance Coverage for Nutrition Counseling Services
Nutrition Works NH! LLC offers a variety of insurance coverage and is a participating provider with many regional health plans, including:
- AllWays Health Partners
- Anthem/Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- NH Healthy Families
- Tufts Health Plans
- United Healthcare
Preparing for Your Visit with the Registered Dietitian
Please be sure to check your insurance coverage before coming in for your appointment. Even if you have an excellent insurance policy it doesn’t mean you have coverage for nutritional services.
To verify your nutrition coverage, call the 800 number on the back of your medical insurance card and ask to speak with a representative from member services. Provide them with the full name of the Nutrition Works dietitian with whom you have an appointment.
Please ask the representative the following questions:
- Does my current insurance plan cover nutrition counseling (i.e., meeting with a registered dietitian)?
- Is my diagnosis covered? [You can get this diagnosis from your doctor] Or ask about Diagnosis Code Z71.3 which is Dietary Counseling.
- How many covered visits do I have per calendar year?
- What’s considered a calendar year for my current policy?
- Do I need to meet a deductible before my insurance will pay?
- Do I have a co-pay/co-insurance or deductible for nutrition services?
- Is Nutrition Works NH! LLC, and my dietitian, a covered provider under my plan?
- Do I need a Primary Care Physician (PCP) referral?
We’re happy to submit your claim to insurance; however, we cannot assume responsibility for the verification of your benefits. If the visit is not covered, then you will be expected to pay for the visit.